REVIEWS: SWEET POTATO BROWNIES
Sweet potato brownies were my next adventure from the Deliciously Ella cookbook. Considering they're mostly made up of sweet potato it's hard to believe how they're so, well, brownie-esque! And what's great is that every single ingredient has great health benefits - it's basically a well rounded meal in itself!
- 2 large sweet potatoes (around 600g)
- 80g ground almonds
- 100g buckwheat or brown rice flour
- 14 medjool dates
- 4 tbs raw cocao (I used regular coco powder and doubled the amount)
- 3 tbs pure maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into chunks. Steam it until it's nice and soft (10-20 mins depending on how small you chop the chunks)
- Once that's done add to a food processor with the dates and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the mixture to a large mixing bowl along with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the mixture to a baking tray and bake for 20-30 mins.
- Leave to cool down fully before digging in!